A Harbinger of Beauty Industry Resiliency, BeautyHealth Announces Three-Year Plan to Double Sales, At Least Triple Profit
Company hosts Analyst and Investor Day in
New York Citytoday
Expects growth across all channels and geographies, projecting EMEA and APAC businesses to overtake
“BeautyHealth is a category creator building the ultimate beauty regimen for skin health and personal confidence. Our differentiated product offering, innovative technology, compelling business model, and passionate community of providers and consumers have helped us deliver consistent growth and will propel our future,” said BeautyHealth President and Chief Executive Officer
“Our market opportunity is massive across geographies and categories and largely unpenetrated. Our new three-year growth and profitability goals reflect our confidence and ability to capitalize for the future. With an exceptional management team in place, we are just getting started.”
The BeautyHealth Executive Committee will provide an update on progress made against investments in the company’s five-point Master Plan, namely efforts to:
1. Expand the BeautyHealth and Hydrafacial footprint by placing systems in a profitable landgrab
2. Invest in providers through education and events to fuel sales conversion
3. Drive brand awareness with agile marketing to increase engagement and utilization
4. Build a global infrastructure and innovation pipeline to scale profitable growth
5. Deliver accretive M&A to add product offerings and capabilities
Further insight will be shared on BeautyHealth’s:
Product and technology.
- Patented Hydrafacial technology that fosters a valuable partnership platform and delivers best-in-class results
- Progress launching globally our next generation, smart and connected delivery system, Syndeo, which is a massive leap forward in skincare technology to deliver a new, better and different treatment than any other product available
- A three-year outlook and significant market opportunity, with only 5% estimated penetration of a high-growth global market with 500,000+ potential doors
- An all-weather business model underpinned by robust category trends and a young, resilient, and higher income consumer who craves beauty and health experiences
International expansion plans in the high-growth EMEA and APAC regions, projected to surpass BeautyHealth’s
Americasbusiness by 2025
- Strong and growing Hydrafacial Nation, a community of passionate consumers and our global network of Experience Centers and HFX aesthetician training program
Massive brand awareness opportunity and plans to engage more consumers.
- Omnichannel go-to-market strategy, including expanding non-medical and retail partnerships and growing our dominant medical channel
Presentations will be followed by a live Q&A session.
Investments made in FY21 and continuing in FY22 are expected to drive demand, create degrees of operating leverage and fuel profitable growth for the future. The management team is confident in the momentum across the business, the loyalty and resilience of the consumer and the massive and growing opportunity across the beauty, wellness, aesthetics and health categories. Within this context, BeautyHealth has announced new financial goals:
Net Sales: 2025 net sales target in the range of $600– $700 million, representing approximately a 20% – 27% 2022E – 2025E net sales CAGR
- At least triple Adjusted EBITDA: With a target 2025 adjusted EBITDA margin in the range of 25% – 30%
- 2023 Adjusted EBITDA Margin: Expect to drive incremental profitability starting in 2023, with a target adjusted EBITDA margin of approximately 18% – 20%
“We are setting thoughtful 2025 financial targets from a position of financial strength, supported by strong ongoing performance of six quarters of beating and raising as well as achieving recent record net sales,” said BeautyHealth Chief Financial Officer
The Company will provide more detail on the full year 2023 net sales outlook in early 2023.
BeautyHealth’s Analyst and Investor Day presentation is available via live webcast at https://www.beautyhealth.com/investor-day-2022 beginning at
BeautyHealth’s achievement of the anticipated results is subject to risks and uncertainties, including those disclosed in the Company’s filings with the
Non‐GAAP Financial Measures
In addition to results determined in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in
The Company does not provide a reconciliation of its targeted fiscal 2023 and 2025 adjusted EBITDA to net income (loss), the most directly comparable forward looking GAAP financial measure, due to the inherent difficulty in forecasting and quantifying certain amounts that are necessary for such reconciliation, which cannot be done without unreasonable efforts, including adjustments that could be made for changes in fair value of warrant liabilities, integration and acquisition‐related expenses, amortization expenses, non‐cash stock‐based compensation, gains/losses on foreign currency, and other charges reflected in our reconciliation of historic numbers, the amount of which, based on historical experience, could be significant. The presentation of this financial information is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for the financial information prepared and presented in accordance with GAAP. The Company's targeted fiscal 2023 and 2025 adjusted EBITDA is merely an outlook and is not a guarantee of future performance. Stockholders should not rely or place an undue reliance on such forward‐looking statements. See “Forward‐Looking Statements” for additional information.
Certain statements made in this release are “forward looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used in this press release, the words “estimates,” “projected,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “forecasts,” “plans,” “intends,” “believes,” “seeks,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “future,” “outlook,” “propose” and variations of these words or similar expressions (or the negative versions of such words or expressions) are intended to identify forward-looking statements.
These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, conditions or results, and involve a number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other important factors, many of which are outside The Beauty Health Company’s control, that could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements.
Important factors, among others, that may affect actual results or outcomes include The Beauty Health Company’s ability to manage growth; The Beauty Health Company’s ability to execute its business plan; potential litigation involving The